Tuesday, August 21, 2007

bartender.

I graduated high school in 2003 and thought "Yes, on to something bigger and better" ... only to find the same BS in college...

I graduated college 3 months ago (wow!) and got a job in a new city and thought "Yes, on to something bigger and better" ...

I have been here for 10-ish weeks, and have been at my new job for 2 months. The first month was great. Everyone at work was super friendly and inclusive, they seemed like people I could really enjoy. I learned a lot in the first few weeks of work, which is expected. It was great.

Now ... I feel forgotten. My new work "friends" have gotten over the excitement of the new girl who sits outside Tech Services and has returned to their taken-for-granted routine. And the learning at work has come to a hault as I sit around waiting for things to do...

I don't want to be the girl who whines. It's not all bad. I mean, I graduated from college, one step closer to my childhood dream. I got a job, in my field... one more step. I live alone, which is pretty awesome, considering all the crap roommates I've been through in the past 4 years (with a few good sprinkled in). Although I feel poor, I'm really not. I do not live in a cardboard box. I have a few great friends who I've been able to keep in contact with over the years, and parents who would do anything for me.

So now that you can see that I'm not a whiney teenager, I can continue to discuss my inner most thoughts and feelings, which tend to side on the negative end of things. My appologies.


I borrowed a drill from a guy at work in order to hang some shelves. I thought if I finally finished moving in and made my apartment feel more permanent and less like a stop along the way, I would feel more at home. Unfortunately, I forgot that I never had to do anything by myself in the past because I had my dad or friends around to help out. So my shelves lay in the middle of my living room floor, the drill still in it's black and decker case, and all my shit that will one day reside on the shelf still on my chairless dining room table.

No, not a big deal. However, it's one more little thing to remind me that I'm a stranger in this big small town.

The worst part of everything is that I already messed things up with the one person I think I could really be close with.

Go me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home